Published on April 8th, 2017 | by Blogger Local0
Best Podcast Booking Service & Podcast Guest Booker Services
Podcasting is an awesome form of content marketing – maybe one of the very best. There aren’t many other types of content marketing tactics that can get you so many benefits for a relatively small amount of effort. Before we get to the list of the best service providers, let’s first explain why podcasts are so great:
Top 10 Reasons to be Interviewed as a Podcast Guest
By being booked on a single podcast or internet radio show you can (see podcast benefits infographic at the bottom of this page):
- Personally connect with an influencer
- Reach a new, highly engaged audience
- Establish authority in your niche by leveraging the host’s influence
- Offer a call-to-action and generate leads
- Generate targeted traffic to your website
- Gain truly organic backlinks that will help your SEO rankings (via host’s show notes page)
- Increase trust in your personal brand
- Gain “embeddable” premium audio content for your website
- Save time: a 30-minute interview is much easier than drafting a 1,000+ word quality blog post
- Promote a form of content that is inherently more interesting and shareable than a traditional blog post
Convinced yet? You should be. Podcasting has been popular since 2005 and interest in this medium continues to soar:
How to Get Booked on a Podcast?
Podcast guesting is a digital marketing term that refers to the process of getting you booked as a guest on podcast shows. Ideally, you want to be booked on shows with your ideal audience. But you, as a guest, are booked by a podcast host to give value to their audience – not to promote yourself.
Now it’s time to figure out a plan, and start getting booked on podcasts that are relevant to your business, experience and expertise. We have identified a list of the top podcast booking services and resources you will find on the Internet. Working with a podcast booking service can be a great move because it will save you time and money. Then again, if you are willing to put a little extra work into the process, you may be able to hire your own independent podcast booker or heck, even become your own DIY podcast booker.
What are the best podcast booking services? Here are the top podcast guest booking services with details about podcast booking service packages:
The Best Podcast Booking Services
1. Podcast Bookers
tag: podcast bookers reviews
Podcast Bookers is a unique podcast booking company for two reasons:
First, this venture was started by a podcaster that currently has one of the first, longest running, and most popular small business marketing podcasts in existence. John Jantsch’s Duct Tape Marketing Podcast has interviewed hundreds of top marketing influencers – pretty much any and every digital marketing guru you can think of. The Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is a top tier podcast that gets pitched every day by would-be guests. John and his team know what guest pitches work, and how to build a path that can get micro-influencers on the path to top caliber shows.
Second, Podcast Bookers co-founder Phil Singleton is an SEO expert. After being interviewed on dozens of podcast shows as a guest expert, Phil found that there were many SEO benefits of podcasts that were being overlooked by both show hosts and especially by podcast booking companies. Podcast booking agencies rarely address or apply SEO best-practices as part of their service offering. To get the most out of your interview, you must address search engine optimization in the booking process.
No other podcasting booking service offers more experience, or can help you get more SEO value out of your guest interview experience than Podcast Bookers. Furthermore, they offer the best pricing on this list:
- Starter: 2 shows per month for $450/month
- Pro: 3 shows per month for $550/month
- Rainmaker: 4 shows per month for $650/month
There is no monthly commitment, and get this: there is no setup fee! This is one of the few booking agencies that does not have an exorbitant setup fee. The only extra cost is getting a professionally designed “one-sheet” that your dedicated booking agent will use as part of the personalized outreach process.
Podcast Bookers will help you create a killer one-sheet that is used in customized pitches to show hosts in your genre. You can create your own own one-sheet, but a podcast one-sheet is required for your dedicated publicist to start booking internet radio shows on your behalf.
Visit: Podcast Bookers
2. Interview Valet
tag: interview valet reviews
Interview Valet sets the standard in terms of delivering a full-service, highly customized podcast booking solution that is design to maximize your ROI. This is a more consultative approach to podcast booking than a VA (virtual assistant) based approach that most other service providers offer. This business is run by podcasting authorities that offer quality over quantity.
According to the Interview Valet, they will:
- Find the ideal podcast for you: They identify & promote you to podcasters who have big audiences filled with your ideal customers
- Schedule the podcast interview: They coordinate a convenient time for you to be interviewed
- Prep for the podcast: Interview Valet will provide you with a complete summary on the host, their audience, & possible questions
- Build a summary episode web page: each podcast interview gets a dedicated page converting listeners into visitors
How much does Interview Valet Cost? (as of April 2017)
- Gold Package: This podcast booking package provides 2 ideal interviews a month for $697 per month.
- Platinum Package. This podcast booking package provides 4 ideal interviews a month for $997 a month.
The Fine Print
- All packages require a 3 month commitment.
- Certification Training. This ensures you have the equipment, welcome pages, pitch sheet, practice interview, checklists and knowledge to start seeing results from your first podcast. The process takes about 2 weeks to complete. The cost is a one-time fee of $497 if you already have professional audio equipment.
Special Note: One great thing about Interview Valet is that you will have no conflict of interest. Some podcast booking services try to double-dip by charge the host and you, the interviewee. This is a pretty big conflict of interest and a possible red flag. Be sure to ask if any podcast booking service you consider hiring is playing both sides of the table.
Visit Interview Valet
3. Get Featured
tag: get featured reviews
Get Featured was run by Daniel Gefen of the Can I Pick Your Brain? Podcast and Jeremy Slate of the Create Your Own Life Podcast This podcasting booking service is unique, because the team of a proven expert will help you get access that may be beyond the reach of many service providers.
You might expect to pay a premium for this level of access and expertise, and you will.
How much does Get Featured cost? (as of April 2017)
- Expert: $2,990
- Guru: $5,660
- Celebrity: $8,330
The base package includes 8 targeted podcast shows, identifying the perfect shows, a custom designed Bio Page, pitching you to the host, coordinating times and details, preparing you for each interview, developing your story and call to action, promote on our social network (60,000+). With the Guru you get 16 booking and the Celebrity, 24 bookings.
Visit Get Featured
4. Be My Guest
tag: be my guest reviews
Be My Guest is a done-for-you podcast outreach and booking service led by Erik Jacobson, who created this podcast booking service after “seeing the results many guests were able to achieve through strategic “podcast tours” – proactively seeking out and getting featured on podcasts over many months in order to grow their audience and drive sales.”
Similar to the other resources on this list, Be My Guest helps entrepreneurs, authors, and personal brands (bloggers, YouTubers, etc.) grow their audience, generate leads, and sell more books and courses by getting them featured guest appearances on podcasts.
How much does Be My Guest Cost?
- Momentum package: $995/mo for 4 to 6 podcasts booked per month with a 3 mo minimum commitment. There is a one-time setup fee of $500.
Learn more about Be My Guest
5. Interviews That Convert
This is a smaller scale, almost business coaching like service, where Nicole personally helps her clients with podcast booking. Like many on this list, Nicole also has experience hosting her own podcast show. What is unique about this service is the amount of personal time and attention you will receive in the “owner-operator” type of approach. Some highlights and differentiators of the Interviews That Convert service, according to the website, include:
- Onboarding with Nicole that include strategy and goal-setting
- Custom Design of one sheets
- Full-Service Bookings
- “AYNTK” Emails (All You Need To Know)
- Required Tool help so that you have the services and equipment to be a great guest
- Ongoing Feedback to continually improve ROI
Pricing? Unknown, but for this kind of experience and attention it will more than likely require an investment.
Learn more about Interviews That Convert
6. Interview Connections
tag: interview connections review
Rounding out the bottom of this year’s list is Interview Connections. This is another full-service guest booking service that is popular for it’s fairly priced packages (as of April 2017):
Titanium Package: $497/mo (~$125/booked podcast) Gold Package: $397/mo (~$200/booked podcast)
Note: As of June 2017 is appear that Interview connection has significantly increased it’s prices and packages now “start at $500/mo” and may include a substantial setup fee.
The company’s stated mission is “to bring entrepreneurs together for podcast interviews and create meaningful employment opportunities for working mothers and women.” As an alternative to UpWork, you will pay a substantially higher amount per podcast booking, but can get some nice extra bells and whistles. On the other hand, if you pay an experienced independent podcast guest booker (let’s say $30/hour), you can get 16+ hours of guest booking time for the same $500 you would pay in the Titanium Package. If that sounds like a huge middle-man markup, it is. But to get this kind of savings, you have to put the elbow grease into vetting your own virtual assistant. If you do, the payoff can be huge and podcast booking services add huge markups to the cost of the actual bookers. This works the same way as blog writing services, where the middle men make a ton and the actual blog writers make a fraction of the fee. The bottom line question is: how much is your time worth? If you want a “done for you” podcasting booking service at a decent value, Interview Connections could be a great choice for you.
The packages include a private 30 minute consult call, getting listed in the Interview Connections guest database, access to a group coaching call library, podcast promotion, a free custom one-sheet design and ongoing support from a guest podcast booker.
Visit Interview Connections
Other Podcasting Resources
tag: upwork reviews
According to WikiPedia, Upwork is a global freelancing platform where businesses and independent professionals connect and collaborate remotely. Upwork has 12 million registered freelancers and five million registered clients. Over 3 million jobs are posted annually, worth a total of $1 billion USD, making it the world’s largest freelancer marketplace.
Why have we listed Upwork as a podcast booking solution? Because much of getting booked on shows requires basic research and outreach. This would can easily be completed by a virtual assistant for $15 to $30 per hour, depending on experience. In fact, some podcast booking services are in fact a crowd source of independent booking agents. Seriously – some sites charge hundreds of dollars a month while outsourcing you to an hourly VA and creating a one-page sheet from Fiverr. So, there is no reason you could not go and hire your own virtual assistant and get plenty of bookings each month for a fraction of the package rates or per-booking rates that many third party booking services charge.
How much Does Upwork Cost?
Learn more about Upwork at: https://upwork.com
Radio Guest List is a email subscription service that send regular emails with request from podcast hosts looking for guests in a certain genre or fit a certain set of criteria. The base subscription is free, but there are upgraded mailing list. It’s a pretty awful, dated website, but there is some good value in the service. The premium email subscription ranging from $5-$10 per month:
- All Alerts: Get ALL the Guest Request Alerts they publish delivered right to your inbox, every Monday and Wednesday (and sometimes Fridays) each week. These emails include 50% – 100% interview opportunities than the free list subscribers receive.
- Targeted Alerts: Targeted Premium Guest Requests from radio shows and podcasts looking for interviews about your favorite topics or expertise.
- Alerts Digest: A once-a-week email collection of ALL the recent Guest Request Alerts in one weekly digest each Wednesday.
10 Benefits of Getting Booked on A Podcast [Infographic]
Are you an independent podcast booker, or freelancer podcast booking service provider? Please introduce yourself below, this page gets a ton of Google traffic!!